Under the Road Traffic Act or the Traffic Management Act 2004, fines, excess charges and Penalty Charges are enforceable only by the police, Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) and traffic wardens. Car Parking Partnership does however have authority to issue and enforce Parking Charge Notices (PCNs) on private land for the breach of contract terms. Confirmation of this was determined by the Supreme Court during the case of ParkingEye v Beavis (2015) UKSC 67.

To find out more about this judgement, take a look here: https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/parking-news/supreme-court-uphold-court-of-appeal-judgment/.

Signage situated throughout car parks managed by CPP clearly state the terms and conditions of parking. Should the terms and conditions of the car park be breached (e.g. if you do not hold a valid permit for a car park which requires a valid permit), then a Parking Charge may be issued manually or via our ANPR cameras. Should you consider a Parking Charge to have been issued incorrectly, we are happy to review any appeal

To pay your Parking Charge please click here, or alternatively write to: Car Parking Partnership, PO Box 117, Blyth, NE24 9EJ. To appeal your Parking Charge, please click here.

Car Parking Partnership’s clients have provided authorisation to install signage outlining the parking terms and conditions at their sites, issue Parking Charges for any breach of those terms and conditions, and to retrieve and retain these Parking Charges. Car Parking Partnership is presented as the contracting party on the signage and the creditor within any correspondence distributed to the motorist.

Where motorists choose to ignore correspondence issued by Car Parking Partnership and no payment is received, then the Parking Charge will be reviewed and further action could include a referral to a Credit Reference Agency, a referral to a debt recovery company, the instruction of solicitors to secure immediate payment or the issuance of court proceedings, all of which will incur further costs. If you wish to appeal a Parking Charge, we would urge you to submit an appeal in writing upon receipt of the first notification, either by post or via our website.

Car Parking Partnership is a member of the British Parking Association and therefore can request registered keeper details of a vehicle from the DVLA in instances where that vehicle has breached the contractual terms and conditions of parking on site.

Blue Badge holders can park in certain restricted areas for up to three hours (areas and times may vary), as per The Department for Transport’s Blue Badge scheme. The Blue Badge Scheme applies only to public highways and is therefore not applicable on private land. It is important to note that any preferential parking for Blue Badge holders provided by landlords is generally subject to the same terms and conditions found throughout the car park, as stipulated on the signage, including any permit holder restrictions and tariff payments. It is therefore recommended that you should always check the terms and conditions outlined on the signage on site.

Paying your Parking Charge is quick and easy. You can make payment online, by cheque or by calling our payment line on 0330 900 7777, just make sure you have your 12 digit reference number to hand, e.g. xxxxxx / xxxxxx. You can find this reference number on all correspondence issued in relation to the Parking Charge.

Please note, when making payment via the payment line the / character contained within your Parking Charge reference number should be substituted with the * button.

Don’t worry, if you have misplaced your Parking Charge reference number we can help you. We would suggest contacting us directly on [email protected] so we can assist you.

Please note: we are unable to respond to any appeals or complaints received by this email address.

CPP have a fair appeals process and would advise anyone who feels a Parking Charge has been issued incorrectly to appeal against the Charge. To appeal a Parking Charge online, click here. You can also appeal against a Parking Charge by writing to Car Parking Partnership, PO Box 117, Blyth, NE24 9EJ, explaining your reasons for the appeal and attaching any supporting information, such as a copy of your valid parking permit.

Alternatively, if you would like to pay your Parking Charge please click here.

CPP aim to respond to all appeals in a timely manner. During busy periods, it may take up to 28 days for appeals to be dealt with. Once CPP have received an appeal, the corresponding Parking Charge will be placed on hold. During this time the Parking Charge value will remain constant from the date the appeal was received by CPP up until the point in which the appeal has been dealt with.

Parking Charges issued in England and Wales are underpinned by The Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA) 2012 and the Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA) Service. The Act introduced the concept of ‘keeper liability’ for vehicles parked on private land, however, there had to be an independent appeals service to sit alongside the same, which is provided for by funding from the parking industry.

That independent service is known as Parking on Private Land Appeals or POPLA. Assessors at POPLA determine appeals from those who have been issued with Parking Charges when parked on private land in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. To be able to lodge an appeal with POPLA, the motorist must first have sent an appeal (‘representations’) to the operator who issued the Parking Charge and have had their appeal rejected. POPLA is independent of all parties to appeals, including the operator and the British Parking Association, as are the Assessors who make the determinations.

Following the rejection of an appeal from CPP, motorists can appeal to POPLA. Guidance on how to submit an appeal to POPLA is included in the correspondence issued by CPP upon being notified of your unsuccessful appeal.

You can access the permit portal here. You will be asked to enter your unique reference number which will have been provided by your organisation. You will then be prompted to complete the online application form and submit your request for a permit. If you do not have a reference number, you must first speak with your organisation.

Pay a Parking Charge

Learn more

Received a Parking Charge?

Learn more

Apply for a parking permit

Learn more